Views
Helpful
Replies

delay in cisco wireless network

Mohamed Sayed
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

I have wireless LAN network and when i transfer a file to or from a server in my wireless LAN i face a delay.

i tried to ping -t this server and the delay was from 4 to 5 msec and sometimes reached 80msec

i have only one controller 

please advice

7 Replies 7

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

troubleshoot client issues:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/107585-client-con.html

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Try changing your wifi channel. There may be too much interference in your local area. You don't want to be on a crowded channel, but that is more of a bandwidth optimization than a fix for delay.

Hello abwahid,

Thanks for your response, but the controller must adapt the channel assignment automatically ?

Hi,

Yes you are right Controller must adapt the DCA (Dynamic Channel Assignment ) but if you have enable that.

Can you please let me know, which WLC model and software release you using in your enviornment.. ?

- Radios using 40-MHz channels in the 2.4-GHz band are not supported by DCA.

Hi,

i used WLC 5508 with product version 7.4.100

thanks 

Hi,

Symptom : On a channel with high utilization and interference numbers, the RRM DCA algorithm might not change the channel when it should. As a result, the channel assignment for a few access points may be suboptimal, which can negatively impact performance.

Condition : If a channel change that is required to avoid the high utilization or interference has an adverse effect on the RF neighborhood, it might prevent the channel change. Release 6.0.182.0.

Workaround : Configure DCA back to aggressive mode.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

More info please. 

Let's go to the basics.  What is the status between your AP and your LAN link?  What model of AP are you using?  What model of wireless NIC are you using?  What version is your wireless NIC running on?  What time was the delay?  What is the status of the link between your AP to your WLC to your end device?  Do you have TPC/DCA enabled?  Do you see any network interference around your wifi?  

PS:  You do know the Cisco people who's responded to this thread are all from the "Sales" team, right?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card