Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different WLAN schedule per AP or AP Group

I have a WLAN servicing multiple locations that is enabled/disabled by a WCS Scheduled Configuration Tasks. I would like to be able to enable/disable the WLAN at different times for locations in different time zones. I attempted to create separate WLANs using unique Profile Names with the same SSID but the WLC won't accept duplicate SSIDs with the same L2 security policy.

Anyone have any ideas how I can reach the end goal of being able to provide what is essentially the same WLAN to these locations while also being able to schedule the disabling/enabling of the WLAN at different times per location?

I figure I can get it done by using scheduled CLI scripts to add/remove the WLAN from AP Groups, but that's an ugly solution I'd prefer to save as a last resort.

Everyone's tags (5)
5 REPLIES

Re: Different WLAN schedule per AP or AP Group

Can't different locations have different WKAN names? That will make things easier to achieve your requirements.

If you have multiple WLCs you can put aps in different locations in different WLCs and ply the config task to different WLCs on different times.

If the above don't work with you I fear removing the ap from the AP group is our only hope.

HTH

Amjad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Re: Different WLAN schedule per AP or AP Group

Technically I could use different SSIDs for each time zone but management doesn't like that solution. Looks like I'm stuck running scheduled scripts to add/remove the WLAN from the appropriate AP Groups.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

How about disable/enable the radios instead?

We have multiple WLANs per AP, so unfortunately no luck with this method.

Cisco Employee

#In WLC there is no way to stop broadcasting the WLAN(s) mapped to particular AP group at AP group level. So this has to be done at WLAN level. The below might work if you've a way to identify WLANs based on its ID or profile name and disable those.

#Same WLAN name with similar L2 security works when the WLAN profile name is unique between WLAN ID 17 and 512, however the same doesn't work if the WLAN ID is between 1 and 16.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content