Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Directional arrow on WCS maps for Omni antenna on 1131AG

Hi,

Anyone know if I have to set the directional arrow, or not, on the location maps of WCS for the 1131AG? I can't find a "Side A" or any reference.

Cheers

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Directional arrow on WCS maps for Omni antenna on 1131AG

The Monitor Maps > > and Monitor Maps > > > pages show building floor areas that include circular icons representing access point locations and states. Every circular icon shows considerable information about the Cisco radio(s) in each access point.Refer the following URL for more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6305/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805c53d3.html#wp1040361

on any omnidirectional antenna, the proper setting in WCS for the orientation on the map is 0. The only time you need to set the orientation on the map, is when you are using a patch or directional antenna, since the WCS will then need to know the direction the radiation pattern will need to be in. With an omni, you don't need to set this since it is predictable without any orientation needed.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

Thanks lads. Thats what I was thinking. Just looking for confirmation.

Cheers!

Community Member

Hello,

The orientation is only for the AP1010 which has no omnidirectionnal antennas but two built-in directionnal antennas.

Note also that WCS only works when the horizontal pattern of the antenna is parallel to the floor. It does not work for example if you mount the AP1131AG on the wall.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content