cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Anybody know how to keep the license files and Certificates in ISE-3315 During the upgrade.

CSCO11872447
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two ISE-3315 Appliances in production network.

I need someone's help to explain, how to make the Secondary node as the primary admin note to reset-config.

And then I would like to know how to keep the license files and Certificate during the Upgrade.

Please help me to answer my questions.

Thanks

CSCO11872447

5 Replies 5

aqjaved
Level 3
Level 3

The Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) provides distributed  deployment of runtime services with centralized configuration and  management. Multiple nodes can be deployed together in a distributed  fashion to support failover.

If you register a  secondary Monitoring ISE node, it is recommended that you first back up  the primary Monitoring ISE node and then restore the data to the new  secondary Monitoring ISE node. This ensures that the history of the  primary Monitoring ISE node is in sync with the new secondary node as  new changes are replicated.

Please  Check the below configuration guide for Secondary ISE- Nodes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_dis_deploy.pdf

First you need to make sure both the primary and secondary are configured just as such. Then drop into the secondary's admin and then deployment and hit the drop down and make primary.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.0/user_guide/ise10_dis_deploy.html#wp1145062

As for certs you need to export them from the servers before you upgrade ..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George..! Now I am trying with my spare unit in Stagging enviroment.

Thanks Aqeel Javed
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: