cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does "show dot11 adjacent-ap" actually work?

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

I've been trying to get this to work on our IOS based AP's running the latest image, but none of our AP's see any adjacent ones (several dozen AP's spread out over multiple geographic areas). Are there any commands to actually get this to work, or any way to debug what's happening?

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

This command willl display any output only if the clients being used are Cisco Aironet with code installed via the Install Wizard 1.1 or above. When they roam between APs, at association time they will transmit to the AP a list of adjacent APs. Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/witc/ao1200ap/prodlit/cifsr_rf.htm

Yes, sorry I forgot to post here after I finally got ahold of a engineer that knew what he was talking about. The first cisco person told me that it should work just like "cdp", but didn't answer any of my follow-up questions.

The second one did say that you have to have the client installed via the install wizard, and that WDS has to be configured/in-use. Supposedly the clients are the one's who tell the AP's who their neighboring AP's are. Not sure how it works, they're supposed to be updating their information soon.

Does this mean that the command « show dot11 adjacent-ap » if the client is not installed using Wizard 1.1 ? ?

I have tested this command thousand times, no output 

Regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card