Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Doubts about NCS

Hi Experts,

we have WCS installed in our set-up but looking forward to learn NCS tool before that, i am very keen to understand the basic feature and difference ....

Below are my doubts :

1) I could see that NCS supports for autonomous AP's ---- which protocol is used to detect the Autonomous AP's ? ( e.q. LWAP/CAPWAP is used to  in WCS for lightweight AP's but it does not support to detect Autonomous AP's ., it shows Rogue Ap for autonomous. )

2) what is the major difference between NCS & WCS ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Doubts about NCS

1) I could see that NCS supports for autonomous AP's ---- which protocol is used to detect the Autonomous AP's ?

NCS can't "detect" autonomous WAPs.  You need to add them.  NCS doesn't need extra licenses for autonomous WAPs because it's not "counted".

what is the major difference between NCS & WCS ?

NCS version 1.1 is comprise of a number of "modules:  NCS, LMS 4.2 and a few others.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Doubts about NCS

1) I could see that NCS supports for autonomous AP's ---- which protocol is used to detect the Autonomous AP's ?

NCS can't "detect" autonomous WAPs.  You need to add them.  NCS doesn't need extra licenses for autonomous WAPs because it's not "counted".

what is the major difference between NCS & WCS ?

NCS version 1.1 is comprise of a number of "modules:  NCS, LMS 4.2 and a few others.

Doubts about NCS

Thanks for your reply.....

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Doubts about NCS

Anymore questions, just ask.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content