cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downgrading LAP1310G

jbrunsting
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, here's the issue I'm having. I have a couple of LAP1310G access points. Obviously, they're of the lightweight variety. However, it comes to light after I get them (and can't return them) that I need autonomous AP's, not lightweight. The big problem, of course, is that without a Wireless LAN Controller, I can't seem to find any way of "downgrading" these AP's. All the instructions I can find seem to require a controller. Can anyone point me in the right direction of instructions on how to downgrade one of these AP's without needing a controller to do it? It seems there should be a way. After all, I have the IOS image I'd need, I just need to figure out how to get that IOS on the AP without having to use a controller to do so! Thanks.

2 Replies 2

csannedhi
Level 1
Level 1

If you don't have a Controller you can use a TFTP server loaded on a PC to migrate to autonomous firmware. This procedure is outlined at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp161272

Go to the "Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release" section. Change the IP on the PC and leave the TFTP server in the running state while you press the MODE button.

That's what I thought as well. However, the 1310 doesn't have a MODE button, therefore, those instructions don't work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card