Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Drawbacks for A Disk clean up

Dears,

i have prime infrastructure 2.0 and i need to do the following command on it but i dont what is the drawbacks for this commands(

ncs cleanup, ncs db reinitdb ) if used this commands site maps or access point or any reports will be deletes or not.(i need down time or not)

Also i have host memory consumed issue in PI VM if i use the above two commands the problem cleared or not.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Drawbacks for A Disk clean up

Disk cleanup will not delete the maps, etc. you do have to shut down the NCS service when doing a cleanup.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
4 REPLIES

NCS clean up goes in and removes archived files and does general cleanup if the disk.

The db reinit however puts the database back to default. I wouldn't run that command unless you absolutely had to

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Drawbacks for A Disk clean up

please advice if this commands will delete the Site maps, Reports..... , also advice if this commands need down time or not

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Disk cleanup will not delete the maps, etc. you do have to shut down the NCS service when doing a cleanup.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

what if its an HA setup.  are

what if its an HA setup.  are the steps same?

Views
Helpful
Replies