Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

EAP Authentication Failing (External DB account restriction)

Hi,

I am using ACS 3.0 as my Access Server configured for LEAP authentication,Everything was working fine till 2 days back, All my wireless clients ver getting authenticated,

But suddenly they have stopped doing so, On checking the logs it says "External DB account restriction"

I am using Windows Group Mapping, Dont know why suddenly it has started behaving like this, Have made no changes on the user profiles/permissions from either ACS or windows servers.

Any clue...suggestions..

Thanks

Maneesh

• Security and Network Management
2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: EAP Authentication Failing (External DB account restriction)

For the issue mentioned some possible causes are:

1.) Installing ACS on WIn2003 will cause this problem. CiscoSecure ACS is currently not compatiblewith Win2003.

2.) Installing Service Pack 4 can cause this issue. CiscoSecure ACS 3.2 is only compatible withService Pack 3.

3.) There could be a problem with the Server Certificate. A way to test this is to remove the checkfrom "Validate Server Certificate" on the client side. If the error goes away, you will need to look at the certificate on the server side for problems.

Re: EAP Authentication Failing (External DB account restriction)

I'm having the same problem and it is quite frustrating... It should not be this difficult.

I've tried both IAS and ACS and I can not get either one of them to work. I'm sure it has something to do with certificates... I just don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm going to beat the stuffing out my server if I see "External DB account Restriction" one more time!

currently i'm trying to get ACS 3.2.1(trial) on Win2k SP3 to work and time and time again no matter how I try to install the certificate I create (following instructions in chapter 10 of the User Guide) I keep getting that infernal error. If someone out there could post SPECIFIC instructions about how they got their installation to work it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ben

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.