Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

eap authentication in a wireless enviromen

Hello!

my name is Robert and I have a configuration problem on my C851w router. Wireless connection without eap authentication works well but when a configure eap with a local radius server than the authentication works not well - you will see in the config in that attach.

On the Client site (WIN XP ServicePack2) I write username an password in the authentication popup windows and it looks good but after a few seconds I see a authentication failed. I can see with Wire shark a packet "EAP failure" Packet that a receive from my router. I use 802.1x with PEAP on the default WIN client.

In the radius debug you can see the router tried it more times (see in the attach)

I hope somebody can help me.

P.s. the guest-mode in the ssid is only for the configuration in this ssid

merci

robert

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: eap authentication in a wireless enviromen

The local Radius servers only support LEAP and EAP-FAST for 802.1x methods. You will need an external Radius server if you want to do PEAP.

Re: eap authentication in a wireless enviromen

Hello!

thanks for you fast response.

So, I am standing in a corner because my router don't support PEAP and my clients supports only PEAP. A software tool on the client is not the best solution because I have also MACs and a external Radius server is over sized for a private environment.

Do you have a suggestion for me for my 802.1x authentication problem?

thanks

robert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content