We currently have WLC's and 1131 LWAP's. If a client is in one area (no roaming) and we carry out a constant ping, every minute a packet will either be dropped or have a huge response time (2000ms ish).
This happens when using EAP-FAST. If I configure the client to another SSID I have with PEAP over MsCHAP then this does not occur.
Is there something inherrent with EAP-FAST that anyone is aware of or had this problem before?
Re: EAP-FAST - packets dropped/slow response times
I will make some assumptions and you tell me if they are correct
1. When you see is the loss pings or high MS returns the phone is idle and not is use correct -
* This is becuase the phone is "sleeping" to conserve battery life
* If you kick off a call you will see the pings respond as normal (-150ms)
* There is a mechanism calls PSM (Power save mode). I dont want to make this a long winded response. Simple google PSM or CAM 802.11.
2. I dont think EAP is your issue and here is why:
* EAP is an authentication protocol. Once authenticated your set until you need to reauthenicate again.
* Unless of course you have an issue whereby your client is always reauth one right after another then that a different issue which isnt normal
3. I suspect you have different DTIM settings perhaps on the different WLANs. Look under the adavnce tab and look for DTIM .. see how that is set ..
Oh btw --If you find this helpful in anyway. Please, if you won't mind and take a second and rate the post. I would really appreciate it ! Thanks bud!
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin