cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP-Fast

gclevenger
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a solution to authenticate a 350 Client against a MS Active directory via a 1200 AP (on 12.2(13)JA3 code). I was reading about EAP-FAST and it "says" it will do it, but when I attempt to set this up, I get an error in Windows Event viewer that says "An access request was recieved from client AP with a signature attribute that is not valid" Then the client times out. I cannot find what attributes it is talking about. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.

6 Replies 6

s.vautour
Level 1
Level 1

Check out the FAQ on EAP-FAST:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a00802030dc.shtml

Although the APs have native support for EAP-FAST (they really don't do much more than forward EAP messages), the client software+firmware and ACS server don't seem to have support yet. This is scheduled for Q1.

You can also authenticate users against MS AD using MS-PEAP (but not Cisco-PEAP). Cisco ACS3.2 and the MS 802.1x supplicant support MS-PEAP.

Serge

How come EAP-FAST has been released for PCM352 and CB20A cards in Q1, but will not be released for CB21AG cards until Q4?

What's the delay? When can we expect updated features for the CB21AG cards?

Martin.

emcpherson
Level 1
Level 1

EAP-FAST is so darn new that I haven't seen an ACS version out yet that has support for this. I have been reading this from the latest download of the client wizard v1.3.

We use Funk Systems Steel-belted Radius Enterprise edition and as per our sales rep they will support this as long as Cisco supports it but it is not yet out. Looks like I was the first one who inquired about support for EAP-fast on the Funk radius server.

We are currently using LEAP and testing PEAP right now. Running Funk's steel-belted radius Server EE version 4.7.

I checked the FAQ - it did not mention the WGB350.

I would like to know if the WGB350 supports EAP - FAST.. or do I need to purchase the new Aironet 1310 AP/ Bridges to support EAP - FAST ?

eapfast is working fine at my end.

i have those items;

Aironet 1200 -12.2(15)JA

ACS 3.2.3

WLSE 2.7

ACU (you gotta use the latest acu to support eapfast)

are you authenticating your users local to the ACS or against a Windows domain?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card