Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

EAP-TLS Questions....

Hi all,

My setup is like this..

Laptop - LWAPP - WLC - ACS - AD

I m using CA to generate certificate.. I have configured EAP-TLS on WLC & ACS SE. Everything is working fine ie when i issue a certificate from CA on my AD login name & install that certificate i m able to connect to WLAN.. For security on WLC i have enable WPA & 802.1x...

What i want is that when i boot up the laptop it should directly get connected to Wireless network & whne i try to login using my user name & password it should prompt for if my password is expired or something & get connected to AD. But this is not happening which use to happen when we were using peap as it ask for username & paswword to connect but not in case of EAP_TLS it only check for valid certificates....

Thanks in advance..

regards,

piyush

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: EAP-TLS Questions....

EAP-TLS doesnt use a username/password only PEAP:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739638.aspx

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

Hi All,

what i want 2 knw is does EAP-TLS check for password as its credentials or only check for username from AD.

regards,

Piyush

Hall of Fame Super Silver

EAP-TLS doesnt use a username/password only PEAP:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739638.aspx

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Fella,

i had one more issue ie want to do perform machine authentication as the laptops boot up along with the user authentication hen the users logs in.

I had set AuthMode value to 1 for it. But how should i check on my ACS SE that the machine is authenticated or not & is it possible that during login using username & password the WLAN should get connected as it is for ethernet LAN.

Thanks for ur reply..

Piyush

Views
Helpful
Replies