cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP-TLS windows-8

Anukalp S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.. I have a cisco virtual wireless controller which have APs added. We are running EAP-TLS certificate(CA) authentication method. We have number of win-7 & apple clients those are getting succesfully connected through wireless. But win-8 clients are not able to connect. I have been following same process of certificate authentication like for win-7 clients but its not working for win-8 clients.

I have heard that win-8 does not support EAP-TLS. Could you pls guide me on this. 

2 Replies 2

Noor Shukri
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

Checking around, it looks like its supported

http://adamsync.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/eap-ttls-on-windows-2012-build-8250/

What kind of failure do you see in the AAA server report? maybe having some sniffer traces would help checking where the process breaks.

Cheers,

Nour

Can you post screen shots of both WLAN setups for both the Windows 7 & 8 client?

I've come to hate Windows 8 recently as the granularity available in Windows 7 is just not there (i.e. you can't alter profiles, only delete/re-add).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card