Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP-TLS with RSA Token Auth

taelon_x7
Level 1
Level 1

Morning,

I need a little direction as to where to go next in my implamentation. We have LWAPP AP's with Cisco WiSM controllers and WCS, I configured WPA-TLS auth and that works fine but when I try to tell ACS to make a Radius call to our RSA server, it gives me "Authentication type not supported by External DB". Now, my user name in ACS, if I tell it to use an ACS Local Database password, it works fine. I know ACS is setup fine to talk to the RSA server because we use RSA token access for our Cisco devices. Why is it failing when it makes the call to the RSA server? Shouldn't it prompt for a user name and PIN+Token when it passes the EAP-TLS auth?

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Check the compatibility of ACS and RSA versions. If you are using ACS 4.0 use the following URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.0/device/table/win40sdt.html.

I'm using Odyssey and PEAP, and it works as you would expect. Maybe you want to try PEAP instead of EAP, and stick with the inner eap protocol of GTC.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card