Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Enable Band Select 5760

Hi everyone... i have a 5760 with 3.3.02 XE ver and i have trouble to connect a several laptops to 802.11n standar with 40mghz channel width  most of them go to 802.11a only or 802.11 on 2.4ghz.

i have a macbook pro mid 2012 and i can't connect to a 5ghz N with 40mghz any one can help me to enable band select and known what can it be the issue?

Best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

Hi Fernando,You can configure

Hi Fernando,

You can configure band-select for a wlan like below. You may need to momentarily shutdown your WLAN to do this.

5760-1(config)#wlan ABC 21 ABC
5760-1(config-wlan)#shutdown 
5760-1(config-wlan)#band-select 
5760-1(config-wlan)#no shut

"show wireless client mac-address <client_MAC> detail" output should provide detail about client connectivity.

Provide "show run | be wlan <WLAN_NAME> "  & "show run | in ap dot11 "output to see how you configured your 5760.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

What happens if you disable

What happens if you disable 802.11n?

VIP Purple

Hi Fernando,You can configure

Hi Fernando,

You can configure band-select for a wlan like below. You may need to momentarily shutdown your WLAN to do this.

5760-1(config)#wlan ABC 21 ABC
5760-1(config-wlan)#shutdown 
5760-1(config-wlan)#band-select 
5760-1(config-wlan)#no shut

"show wireless client mac-address <client_MAC> detail" output should provide detail about client connectivity.

Provide "show run | be wlan <WLAN_NAME> "  & "show run | in ap dot11 "output to see how you configured your 5760.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content