cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Aironet IE worth it?

rsumpter
Level 1
Level 1

Is it good practice anymore to enable "Aironet IE" on the WLAN? I'm wondering if the additional information that that is beaconed out (AP hostname, etc) is worth it.

8 Replies 8

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Since most new clients are CCX compliant I don't know if there is much value unless of course there is older clients in your environment. I would like to hear others input on this subject. Recent deployment documents don't state it as a requirement unless you deploy WG bridges.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Steven Bryant
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post but i actually ran into an problem where having it checked on a WLAN caused an issue.

I had a Doctor who's IPAD seemed to be dropping off the guest wireless, So i created a test SSID with "aironet" IE turned off and he seems to be working fine.

I never enable it... back in the autonomous days I did though:_

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the insight Scott,

I believe the only item left in our hospital that would be considered old is an ekg cart with a very old wireless bridge.

So no real benefits having it on it would seem.

No not really unless that breaks the connection to that bridge.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Can i pose another question on this thread though?

Oh don't worry... its just in my signature:)  Thanks for rating though:)

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

You can, but its best to just open a new post so it doesn't get too confusing with older post, especially if its a different topic.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: