I've come a cross another bug with the way the WLC compiles the webauth bundle. Version 18.104.22.168. If I make any changes to the generic login error codes I get a compile error "Error extracting webauth files.".
At this point I'll avoid airing my grievances over the buggy nature and lack of development for customised webauth bundles. And simply say that I'm not even looking for a workaround now.. screw it. You're stuck with the naff green login screen and naff error codes mr customer.
And no... recommending ISE will not help me so just don't do it
Thanks Pete I have used the webauth bundle. And let me tell you that trying to be inventive with the HTML is a bad idea. I think most people who attempt to glam up this page are left wondering why they bothered. The best I have achieved is a logo image and some basic text. I don't think it should be this hard, and other vendors are much better at it...
I always use a custom page but that's because I didn't like how the default looks. So all my installs that include guest WebAuth, I will do custom. One thing to note is that on early versions of the 7.0, I had to use Power Archiver to bundle the files into a tar file or else it would fail to load. In 7.2 and 7.3, 7-zip worked fine which is a free tool. Power Archiver is not free. I keep Power Archiver handy just in case.
My issue had to do with my stylesheet (styles.css) being in the root folder.
I moved it to /css/ and updated my references to it in login.html, rezipped (7zip), uploaded and it worked properly.
This was on version 8.2 code, which I realize isn't the version you were running (4 years ago), but since this is the top result on a google search of the error I thought I'd post here to help someone else possibly.
Hi all, I know this is an old thread, but it's the number one search result so I thought I'd chime in.
I just went through this process today (1/23/17) and it worked great. I'm running the 8.3.102 code version.
It sounds like everyone is getting TFTP to work fine, so I won't comment on that.
As far as getting the web bundle .tar file to extract, I had all files in the root folder except images, which were in their own folder. I archived all of these using 7-zip. I hit a problem at first because I attempted to .tar the folder that contained all my files. What I needed to do was to go into that folder, and make my .tar from the root.
Once I did that, everything worked fine and the splash page looks awesome.