Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Ethernet Bridging on Mesh Network

Hello,

i am configuring two AIR-CAP1532E-E-K9 for mesh network through WLC 5508. I have correctly configured the mesh from both APs but when i tried to use Ethernet Bridging in order to transport some VLAN from Root AP to Mesh AP i am getting loops on switch when the Root AP is attached.

Root AP has two ethernet port and i have configured one port in access for the WLC registration and the other port in Trunk with 4 VLANs. When i plug the trunk interface to the switch, i see SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF message on the switch.

I've tried to configure only one port in trunk on the AP but the AP doesn't register to the WLC.

Could someone has an idea about the MAC flapping?

Thanks

Marco

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

To prevent loop issues, we

To prevent loop issues, we recommend that you do not connect two MAPs to each other over their Ethernet ports, unless they are configured as trunk ports on different native VLANs, and each is connected to a similarly configured switch.

salodh,MAPs are not connected

salodh,

MAPs are not connected through Ethernet ports, i am using bridge for the connection. The problem appear when i configure one of the ports in trunk.

Marco

Views
Helpful
Replies