Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Exluding channel 13 in Aironet 1240AG

Hi guy

I have a problem with all the device using Atheros AR5006X network wireless card.

The wireless cards don't work with channel 13 in 802.11G Mode. 

We are in Italy and Access Point, use channel from 1 to 13 in 802.11G Mode.

The access point radio interface setting is in "Least congested frequency" and

I don't wont to force to work to a defined channel because we have a large number of access point.

Are there a way to exlude channel 13 from "Least congested frequency" list ?

Unfortunatly the wireless card don't have regional settings.

Thanks Davide

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you are on the page for

When you are on the page for the 2.4GHz radio where you select the channel you can hold the control key I believe it is and select individual channels. 

For example here in the US I will go in and leave it on least congested channel, but hold controller and click 1,6,11 as that is what we use for your domain. This lets the AP choose from the least congested of those three channels. 

For your domain you could do the same and select 1,5,9 and just not select 13 from the list so it would not be used. 

If you were wanting to use the list of all channels 1-12 you could do the same and just not choose channel 13, but I would honestly suggest the other model. 

1 REPLY

When you are on the page for

When you are on the page for the 2.4GHz radio where you select the channel you can hold the control key I believe it is and select individual channels. 

For example here in the US I will go in and leave it on least congested channel, but hold controller and click 1,6,11 as that is what we use for your domain. This lets the AP choose from the least congested of those three channels. 

For your domain you could do the same and select 1,5,9 and just not select 13 from the list so it would not be used. 

If you were wanting to use the list of all channels 1-12 you could do the same and just not choose channel 13, but I would honestly suggest the other model. 

Views
Helpful
Replies