Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Experiences with 1200AP and FreeRadius

Looking to do a project where the clients will authenticate via MAC address only. Client machines are running a variety of wireless NIC's and the customer wishes to support come one, come all.

Does anyone have any experience with configuring freeradius to authenticate clients on 1200AP's. Any pointers appreciated. Everything seems to lead to Cisco ACS.

Eric

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Experiences with 1200AP and FreeRadius

MAC authentication is basically supported not only by Cisco ACS but many other vednors do support it like Funk, Microsoft IAS etc..

It is nothing but you need to configure same mac address as the username and password in radius server..

I am sure if you contact the vendor of the radius server, you will get some more on that.

Here is the config for that with ACS

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch4.htm#xtocid20

Re: Experiences with 1200AP and FreeRadius

They said, "let us know what you did to make it work".

RADIUS server is up and running. Do I need to send any attributes back or will a simple Access-Accept or Access-Reject reply be sufficient to let them on or deny them?

Also, does the MAC address have any separators in it, or is it one continuous word? I believe some other vendors stick a - in between the vendor ID and vendor assigned portions of the MAC address.

When its up and running, I'll post pointers, if anyone is interested.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content