Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Export / Import Maps in WCS, getting errors

Hello,

we have two WCS systems in our environment. One for US, one for EU. Now we try to consolidate them.

I have already transfered some Controllers and APs to from the US WCS to the EU WCS.

When i try to export and import a map i always get errors like shown below.

Even when i export the map, delete it and import it in the same WCS (US WCS) i get these errors.

The result is a map where the building are outside the campus an the APs are not in the correct position.

When i correct the map, get the APs and buildings back in the correct position, export and import again i get the same errors.

I exported and imported the maps as root-user.

Source WCS is 7.0.164.0

Target WCS 1: 7.0.164.0 (same controller)

Target WCS 2: 7.0.230.0 (should be the working target)

The map was implemented without any problems in the WCS.

I get following errors:

AP name 'AP02', "MAC Address'XX:XX:X:XX:ff:c0' - Invalid X Coordinate position. Position lies outside floor bounds, AP will be snapped at Map boundary if Map overwritten. Warning!!! Could leave existing AP outside bounds

or

AP name 'AP01', "MAC Address'XX:XX:XX:XX:0b:a0' - Invalid Z Coordinate position. Position lies outside Maps Max Permissible Height,AP will be snapped at max Map height if Map overwritten. Warning!!! Could leave existing AP outside bounds

or

Error creating/updating Floor. Parent Domain Name 'Headquarters' FloorName '1. Floor' Contact 'me@my.com' Level '1' Error 'Error description 'The given Width, Height or the position of Map conflicts with the parent(Building or Campus) Width 6.075,131 and Length 2.648,95. Please increase the size of the parent(Building or Campus) through the edit page and/or make sure Map is positioned correctly within parent through map edit

I hope it's just a minor problem is can fix fast, else it will be a pain to manually transfer all maps and APs.

Thanks

Greg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content