cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Extending AP connectivity to CIsco 3850 switch by using a Cisco 3560 switch

Dear Team,

As per the below thread, i came to know that we have to locally connect the APs to Cisco 3850 switch to get registered.. However, I was in a situation to use my current AP to connect Cisco 3560 switch and extends the connectivity with Cisco 3850. Hence I made the attached topology and tested, it worked fine in my lab. I am supposed to propose this solution to my customer. Its a kind request to check  this topology and let me know if any threat  by introducing this solution in network.

Below thread was saying that we might need to connect the AP to CIsco 3850 switch locally.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12022011/2602i-does-not-join-3850-wlc.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/qa_c67-722110.html

Regards,

Jubair.S

4 REPLIES
Bronze

If you plan to use the

If you plan to use the wirelesss functionlaity (MC or MA) of 3850, you need IP Base image minimum and AP needs to connect to 3850 directly as if now.

If you are using 3850 only as L2 transit, you don't need to connect to 3850 directly.

Thank you

****rate all useful posts****

VIP Purple

Even though this may work, it

Even though this may work, it is not Cisco supported deployment. So if there is any issue you cannot go to Cisco TAC for support. Let the customer know all of these implication if you proposing this. (I would not wink )

AP direct connectivity to 3850 is required for QoS policy to work properly.

Also see if you have more than 1AP on your 3560, would all of them register to 3850.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Community Member

Dear Rasika, Thanks for the

Dear Rasika,

Thanks for the comment, i will check by connecting one more AP and will let you know.

Regards,

Jubair.S

Bronze

Hi,As per my understanding

Hi,

As per my understanding this topology is fine and it would work fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content