Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Failed "scheduled configuration tasks" download software - WCS 7.0.230

Guys,

I scheduled a software image upgrade for after hours over the weekend from within the WCS.

The WLC in question is across the WAN. A DS3 connection at both ends so I didnt think it would be an issue.

When I checked on the status of the automated upgrade it was still showing "in progress" several hours later.

From within the task I could not stop or cancel it.

It says some generic "if it is expired or in progress you cant stop it."

I eventually openned a tac case and was informed that its not recommended to do the WLC upgrade over the WAN.

The tac engineer had me basically break the process by stopping the tftp service in the WCS (which required a WCS reboot) no biggy & place a tftp server at the location where the WLC is so it was on LAN not WAN.

Done and done. The WLC is upgraded but here is where I am stuck.

My WCS still shows that particular scheduled activity as "in progress".

Can anyone tell me how to clear this out of the WCS?

I have NOT openned a tac case because I wanted to speak to my peers here first.

WCS 7.0.230.0 on a windows 2003 server.

I dont want this stuck in this state because as long as the WCS thinks the WLC in question is busy, it wont let me place another scheduled task like that and it just looks bad stuck anyway.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Failed "scheduled configuration tasks" download software - WCS 7

From what I've seen with other tasks, that "status" is basically a toggle in the database. Imagine like an "on" "off" type value. My best guess would be that since the task didn't successfully complete, the value in the database is stuck toggled "In Progress" and will need to have something force it to be complete.

I think you will need to work with TAC on manually toggling that particular task in the database.

3 REPLIES
Silver

From what I've seen with other tasks, that "status" is basically a toggle in the database. Imagine like an "on" "off" type value. My best guess would be that since the task didn't successfully complete, the value in the database is stuck toggled "In Progress" and will need to have something force it to be complete.

I think you will need to work with TAC on manually toggling that particular task in the database.

Weterry,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Since no one else seems to have experienced this or is able to articulate an alternative, I have openned a cas with the tac.

I will let you know what the resolution is.

Weterry,

You were spot on.

It was a simple DB change that Ram Krishnamoorthy was able to do within the gui interface.

Of course it was an undocumented page that non tech support does not have access to as it was directly accessing the DB.

He changed the status of the process from a 4 to a 5 which is complete but failed.

Then we were able to delete the line item.

If anyone needs this type of fix you will need to have the tac webex into your desk so they can directly access the DB.

Thanks again !

Views
Helpful
Replies