cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to add device to WCS Reason: Could not execute JDBC batch update

mscherting
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to add an autonomous 1231 AP to WCS in preparation for conversion to LWAPP doesn't even start and produces "Failed to add device to WCS Reason: Could not execute JDBC batch update"

IOS is 12.3(7)JA5

WCS 6.0.132.0+

Anybody run into this?  Simple fix?

I converted 29 other identical 1231s this past weekend without problems, now this.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please go to Administration > Logging and uncheck Status Polling, Object
Manager, SNMP Mediation, MSE/Location Servers, XML
Mediation, Navigator and Reports and change the
message level to TRACE and click submit.  Go back and recreate the issue
and then go back to the logging area and download and attach at least the wcs0-0.log and wcs1-0.log so I can take a look.

Sschmidt,

Thanks for your assistance.  Hopefully I've followed you instructions correctly.  I was offsite last week and am trying to get caught up.

Log files attached.

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

This could be a few things. run a wcs backup before taking any other action.

1.run a dbadmin checkschema, after you stop WCS and try again.

2. If not,  stop WCS, delete the db transaction log file solNNNNN.log, start WCS, run a refresh from controller and try the template again.

Lucien,

Forgive my ignorance.  Could you be a little more specific on executing these steps?

How do I start a manual backup of WCS?  I have a weekly backup scheduled via Admin > Background tasks.

Is the dbadmin checkschema run at a DOS prompt with WCS stopped?

Where is the db transaction log file solNNNNN.log assuming WCS is installed on D:\?

Thank you.

I looked into your logs.

The first error message you have for your database is :

Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: SOLID Database Error 10005: Unique constraint (BASEAP_UNIQUEKEY) violation.

Then you get some passwords error messages for connecting to the ap, but I think this is just a consequence.

I would recommend first to follow my previous steps, we can dig in deaper the BASEAP_UNIQUEKEY later if needed.

Manual backup of WCS is :

Start -> program files -> WCS -> backup

Stop WCS:

Start-> program files -> WCS -> StopWCS

dbadmin is under WCSROOT\bin\dbadmin.bat : run as : dbadmin checkschema.

Once this is done, start back WCS : Start-> Program Files -> WCS -> StartWCS

BTW a good troubleshooting of the database is found in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KQUfszmTJg

Let me know how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: