cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firefox does not redirect users to web auth page

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I have a client that uses web auth for the guest wireless.  When a users opens up FF, it does not automatically redirect them to the web auth page.  However, IE and Chrome work fine.  If you copy and paste the redirection page into FF, it will go to the page then.  The only two possible solutions I have found are to either enable web auth proxy or regenerate the WLC self-signed cert. 

Anyone have any other ideas? 

TIA,

Dan

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Clear out the cache and the other stuff from the browser, because if its only one person, then its an issue with that browser. If it was everyone who tries FF, then its the HTML code compatibility that wasn't checked for FF. FF could of connected to that same VIP with a different cert and that's what might be causing the issue. You can also try to change your VIP address but that requires a reboot.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  It's everyone that uses FF.  I tried it myself with FF ver 22 and had the issue.  If it's an HTML code compatibiltiy issue, I suppose not much can be done other than open a TAC case. 

Thanks,

Dan

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well are you using a custom page or the default? If its the default, it should work fine unless FF updated something and doesn't like the cert. if your using a custom page that you uploaded to the WLC, then that has to be verified to be compatible with the various browsers.

I don't thing TAC will help you much if its a browser issue to be honest. The VIP is presented as the URL when hitting the WebAuth page. The self signed cert is tired to that to. Did you upload a 3rd party cert? Did you enter a DNS hostname in the VIP? Are you resolving the DNS name to the VIP. If you don't have a 3rd party cert, you don't need the DNS hostname in the VIP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

They are using the default web auth page and don't have any 3rd party certs on the page.  They are running version 7.2.111.3.  I wonder if upgrading to the latest version would resolve this issue.  Going to check the bug toolkit out as well to see if anything comes up.

Well you can try upgrading and see.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

You are getting a certificate error then, so what is the error that is being generated by FF.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to figure out a very similar issue where Firefox wouldn't open the guest webpage (the connection was interrupted) and finally found it was caused by opening Yahoo as my startup page. I change it to Google, for example, and it comes up everytime now. When set to Yahoo I could clear my cache and it would work once but then wouldn't work again. If I load Yahoo as the startup page in IE it works everytime. Very strange.

Here's what the debug looks like:

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.793: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received connection

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.794: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received connection

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.795: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received request

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.803: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received connection

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.803: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received request

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.806: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received connection

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.807: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received request

*webauthRedirect: Jul 23 20:59:33.810: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx- received connection

There was an issue some years back about Firefox.  This was fixed with a firmware upgrade. 

What firmware is your controller running on?

I just bought 5508's which came with 7.4.121.0 and Cisco considers to be stable so I left installed. I looked at the bug below in this thread but the debug output didn't match mine so I thought I was having a different issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: