Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

FlexConnect limitations in case of central authentication

FlexConnect on the 5508 can support the following:

• Maximum FlexConnect Groups: 100
  • Max APs per flexconnect Group: 25
  • Max APs: 500

I found elsewhere, however, a limit of Local Users to 100. I presume that this will only affect the local authentication mode, and that these local users would be stored in the access-points in case the access-point should go into Local Authentication mode. If you would only be using central authentication there should be no limitation here.  Also, if RADIUS is used then there should also be no limitation of the number of users (beyond the general restrictions of the WLAN controller). Could you please confirm if my understanding is correct?

Also, regarding DHCP for the access-points with Flexconnect. The documentation states that the DHCP server for the access-point should be local. I presume that is only so that the AP will still function in the event that the WAN is unavailable.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

FlexConnect limitations in case of central authentication

Where did you see the limit for local users is at 100?  If the authentication is stored on the WLC, and the FlexConnect AP is in standalone, I don't think that users will still be able to authenticate since the authentication is done at the WLC.

DHCP is preferred local in case the WAN goes down.  It's not required, but its an option so that open, wep, psk users can still authenticate to the AP.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content