Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Flexconnext with Local Switching and Web Authentication

Gents,

I am trying to set up external web authentication on a vWLC (7.5) for clients that join. The AP is based on site and the WLC is hosted in the cloud. So far, redirection works but after authentication, the virtual IP address (1.1.1.1) is unreachable. I assume this is because I am using Local switching on the APs and so the traffic is not being switched to the controller. If I configure central switching then everything breaks (DHCP stops working)

Is there a way to work around this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

• Security and Network Management
Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Flexconnext with Local Switching and Web Authentication

Local
Switching and central switch requires various different configuration. I guess I would want to know how you want it setup and what exactly is the issue. 1.1.1.1 is a redirect from the WLC but isn't something you should be able to ping.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks, Scott *****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Flexconnext with Local Switching and Web Authentication

Thanks Scott,

I walked through the config again and I was able to set up external redirection and authentication. Now, after authentication, the "success" page shows again for a few seconds before it redirects to the "redirect URL after Login" page. Is there a way to get rid of the success page and go directly to the URL?

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tolu.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.