cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force a users home page

rdassow
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to force a users homepage/IE to go to a certain site no matter what they have set? It is a public access scenario and all they want to do is display an internet disclaimer. I would be using an AP1100 and possibly a PIX firewall.

Any ideas? I'm trying to do it without having to put BBSM at every location.

ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

michael.kopp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ryan,

AFAIK neither AP nor PIX are able to do that.

The best soltution would be BBSM for small businesses or CSG or SSG for big environments

There you have the possibility to redirect users to a login page or any other page you`d like.

Also you can do this via some transparent web proxy , like squid.

If you`d like to build public WLAN solutions , have a look at SSG and CSG , they are really powerful and new features will come out for PWLAN. (SSG + AZR on same box)

regards

Michael

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

michael.kopp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ryan,

AFAIK neither AP nor PIX are able to do that.

The best soltution would be BBSM for small businesses or CSG or SSG for big environments

There you have the possibility to redirect users to a login page or any other page you`d like.

Also you can do this via some transparent web proxy , like squid.

If you`d like to build public WLAN solutions , have a look at SSG and CSG , they are really powerful and new features will come out for PWLAN. (SSG + AZR on same box)

regards

Michael

Michael, do you know if you can use the SSG feature set in a router just by itself to redirect to a webpage on the internet as their homepage before they surf? I don't even need it to do any authentication.

ryan

Hi ryan,

yes you can use SSG for redicting users without doing any authentication, either user SSG redirect for initial captivation or advertisement captivation.

Have a look here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a008008777a.html

however, SSG is only available on some plattforms, and as far as I understand your need, you just have small hotspots which need initial redirection. I think the smallest plattform supporting SSG feature set is the C2651XM , which already could be a overkill in your solution ...

regards

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card