Helpful
Replies

getting alert in WCS- DoS: CTS flood

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi  Experts ,

I have WCS 7.0.172.0 where as i have very frequent alert about DoS : CTS flood

In channel 60, the system has detected 212 CTS frames in the last minute, which matches the traffic pattern of the form of denial-of-service attack, CTS (Clear-To-Send) attack. A wireless denial-of-service attacker may suspend the wireless media for communication by taking advantage of the privilege of CTS frame to reserve RF medium for transmission. By transmitting back to back CTS frames, an attacker can force other wireless devices sharing the RF medium to hold back its transmission until the attacker stops transmitting the CTS frames.
The system detects the abuse of CTS frames for denial-of-service attack.

I dont know , how can stop getting this alert.

Please suggest me for the same.

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you go security-->wireless protection policy-->standard signature

You will see a list of signatures. Your CTS alert is in one of them, which one is the question. Is my guess ... Unless you have custom one set up ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

Thanks for your reply. my question is , how to stop/ resolve getting this alert in WCS.

We are getting this alert because of the problem/issue , how to resove this ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card