Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Getting Apple TV's to work on our wireless network

Hey Cisco Professionals,

Hopefully you can help me with (for me and my limited knowledge) a mind dazzling situation we are facing. Its very strange as it only works partly. Sometimes we can see our Apple TV, sometimes we cannot. The only way to get them visible (when we cannot see them) is to restart them (sometimes several reboots are required) Then the apple tv is visible but after a while we cannot connect with it anymore. (ping still works) . A while later we cannot even see the device.

We have a fully integraded Cisco network. Our network contains 2 Cisco 5508 Controllers (redundant), 2 3750x Switches (layer 3 Redundant – acting as our core switch) , several 3750x Switches and Several Cisco 3602i Access Points.  Our Apple TV’s and the devices (Ipads, Iphones etc) connecting with the Apple TV’s function in the same Vlan.

On the Wlan Controller we have Global Multicast enabled and IGMP Snooping Enabled. AP Multicast mode is set as Multicast with an group addres of 239.255.255.2

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there something we forgot to do? Would love to have ur input. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Wouter Platteeuw

• Security and Network Management
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

If you have multiple SSIDs, this doc is relevant to iPod/iPhone/iPad and may be relevant to Apple TV as well:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21729

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Wouter,

My first question would be what software build you are running on your 5508 controllers?  Also, is multicast properly configured on the wired side for bonjour?

Cheers,
Erwin

How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!
Bronze

If you have multiple SSIDs, this doc is relevant to iPod/iPhone/iPad and may be relevant to Apple TV as well:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21729

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.