Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting Blue dump while connecting to AP

Sunil Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problem with one AIR-LAP1252AG-N-K9 AP. When i am connecting the laptop through wifi to this AP i am getting blue dump. If the same laptop connect to any other ap i haven't get any error. Laptop Model no is Lenovo L412.

AP Has below IOS version.

c1250-k9w8-mx.124-21a.JA2

Regards,

Sunil

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You mean the laptop is getting a BSOD? I don't think it's an issue with the ap. try connecting to the ap with another device like a smartphone or tablet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply i checked with Lenovo L410 Laptop its working fine of the same ap but when i am going to connect with L412 laptop we faced the same issue on all AIR-LAP1252AG-N-K9.

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do your APs (other APs) support 802.11n? I bet no.

It looks like there is an issue with your laptop's wireless deriver. Try upgrading the driver and check.

HTH

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"?
Don't. Just rate the useful answers,
that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The AP you have is AIR-LAP1252AG-N-K9 which is a LWAPP unit and does not work in standalone mode and does not have a GUI (WEB) interface. For it to work you need to get a WLC and you access the WLC GUI interface.

Do you need the acces point in standalone or are you working with a WLC?

To know if an AP came with IOS or LWAPP you can check on the part number, if the part number says AIR-LAPxx the L stands for LWAPP based and needs a WLC to work and if the part number says AIR-AP it means if is stand alone and does not need a WLC.

When the file has K9W8 it is LWAPP software and does not have GUI or IOS and needs a WLC.

When the file has k9W7 would be IOS and is standalone which has GUI access and does not need a WLC.

Sunil Patil
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all reply yesterday we resolved the issue. After disable the /n frequency on the L420 because on the WLC is shows when the client is connected that it is using 802.11n(2.4) and that may be a conflict for the L420.

So After disabling the /n frequency, and doing many tests, the issue did not appear anymore.

Regards,

Sunil

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card