Views
Helpful
Replies

Group APs by which SSID to broadcast

pganet123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Now, I have searched for this for several days - I want to determine which APs show certain SSIDs. There must be a smart way to do that beside using the override function on 100 different APs.

I have WLC 4404 and 1131AG-E-K9 LAPs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

4 Replies 4

grzegorz.ciolek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes there is... but in 5.2.x version. Instead of WLAN override you are grouping AP. I think that below 5.2 you have only WALN Override.

Chers

Greg

Thank you Greg.

Im running 4.2.112.0 right now, so must upgrade in future.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Peter,

The most popular way to mitigate the problem of having to access each AP individually (when using WLAN Override) is to use WCS Templates for common requirement AP's. This way the WLAN Override function can be applied at the Template level and then pushed out to the various groups.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.0/configuration/guide/wcstemp.html#wp1072198

Hope this helps!

Rob

Well, it is certainly the most expensive way. I have no need of the Wireless Control System.

I will just upgrade my controller to ver. 5.2 and you can consider this topic as solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: