Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Access on a 5508

Hi All,

We currently tunnel guests to a 4402 that sits behind our firewall and it's been working well for a few years but I am aware that the 4402 is now EoL so I am exploring alternatives:

We also have several 5508s deployed and I'm wondering if - in any new guest access config - I can allocate one of its free h/w ports to connect to the firewall, even though the 5508 is configured to use LAG.

To put it another way can I configure a new port to a seperate VLAN and not be part of the the LAG'd ports or are you tied to having all ports acting as a group if LAG is switched on?

It might be a basic piece of knowledge but I really don't know.

Many thanks,

Scott

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Guest Access on a 5508

No you can't. It is either all LAG or none at all. It would be nice to be able to define your lag ports and also define a separate port for another vlan, but it just doesn't work that way.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
6 REPLIES

No you can't. It is either all LAG or none at all. It would be nice to be able to define your lag ports and also define a separate port for another vlan, but it just doesn't work that way.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Thanks Scott,

Ah, if only.

Regards,

Scott

Yeah.... I have some clients too that wish they can do that.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Guest Access on a 5508

Those 4400's still work well as an anchor evnen though they are going EOS\EOL.  So unless you have a redundant 5508 guest anchor, at least keep those as a just in case:)

-Scott

Guest Access on a 5508

Yea...  We had the same issue, ended up just creating a VLAN without a routing instance and creating a new security zone on our firewall to tie the VLAN and routing instance to.  That's how we use an extra layer to keep it segregated... 

Guest Access on a 5508

Thanks Richard, that's worth keeping in mind if our 4402 pegs out.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content