Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Guest account, how to limit time-of-day access

Hi

I'm just starting out with Wifi/WCS and have a question regarding how to limit guest accounts access.

When creating a new guest account, you set start and end time +  end date.

Is there a way that I can force the account to be _only_ active between 8-5 PM (Normal working hours)?

Right now, I can only set start time + end time + end date.. That means that the guest account can be used 24/7 until the end date.

The WCS documentation doesnt mention anything like this. And google gives no help.

Thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Guest account, how to limit time-of-day access

Others have asked than in the past for years and there is still no way to control that either in the WLC or WCS.  You can control that from your L3, but you would have to confgiure that for the whole subnet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_tech_note09186a00800a5b9a.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Others have asked than in the past for years and there is still no way to control that either in the WLC or WCS.  You can control that from your L3, but you would have to confgiure that for the whole subnet.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps1018/products_tech_note09186a00800a5b9a.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

What about disabling the WLAN instead of the users?

Can't WCS do some kind of scheduled template? I could be wrong, but if so, maybe you can schedule the the wlan to be disabled at 5pm and another schedule to enable at 8am? 

Views
Helpful
Replies