Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Guest WIFI

Hi All

We are using  WCS v5.0.56.0, a 4400 series WLC for Guest access, plus a mixture of 2100 series and 4400 series WLC's in our WIFI environment. The WLC's are running v5.2.193.0

I am running a unique client report in WCS filtering by our Guest SSID to establish which Guest users are accessing our WIFI network. However for most of the connections shown in the report the guest username field is blank. There are 1 or 2 usernames shown for some connections but not many.

I have checked the set up of the guest users and they are all the same with no difference to the ones actually showing in the report. In addition the guest users are connecting using the same foreign controller as the ones that are showing in the report.

Does anyone have any ideas why the majority of guest usernames do not show in the report ?

thanks

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Guest WIFI

Maybe it's a bug?  I mean WLC firmware 5.X is imfamously known as THE "buggiest" version that I'd like to call it the "no hope" version.

Guest WIFI

Hi Mick,

First of all, WCS 5.0 is not compatible with WLC 5.2.

Second, as suggested by Leo, you need to upgrade (unless you have a valid reason not to do so). 5.x versions are full of bugs comparing to later versions that are more stable.

Third, You don't see the username on the WCS, but what about the WLC? does it show the correct username?

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Views
Helpful
Replies