Helpful
Replies

H-REAP local switching

skelley5000
Level 1
Level 1

Questions about local switching,

Here is what I would like to do,

I have a new office I will be opening up, it is a remote site so H-REAP will be used for the AP's. I will have 2 connections coming out of the building, 1 will come back to corporate and the other will be an open internet for guest. The connection coming back to corporate will supply internet and data center connectivity to all wired and wireless corporate devices. the Public conenction obviously is for only guest who come to the office. My question is the public internet will be on lets say VLAN 100, the rest of the PC's will be on VLAN 200. If I turn on local switching how to do I keep the public wireless devices going out the public internet and the corporate devices going out the corporate connection?

19 Replies 19

Edondurguti,

This is how I have setup mine too. Both secure and guest SSIDs are working fine. No operational issues. But I wanted to know how does guest traffic get routed? Which setting tells guest WLAN to put the traffic to local VLAN instead of backhauling to the controller? I don't remember where but someone had posted that if I want captive web portal authentication, I have to backhaul the guest WLAN traffic to the controller. That's why I stopped chasing the issue.

However if there is a way to do captive webportal authentication for the guests and upon success do the local switching on vlan X, I would love to know how. So far I haven't figure that out.

Thanks,

Sam

That should just be a matter of setting the WLAN to be allowed locally switched and defining the VLAN on the ap.

The WLC still knows the client will be webauth required and you should get the splash page.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Stephen,

That's the issue. How do I define the VLAN on AP? I did define it for the secure because it shows up. There was no option to define it for the AP. See below my screen shots.

My Secure VLAN is 101 and guest VLAN is 111.

In the guest WLAN config have you checked the HREAP local switching box? It won't show up in the VLAN mapping until you do.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes. Screenshot attached. As a matter of fact, I created another guest WLAN since some postings told me I have to have WLAN with ID # 17 or higher for this.

Again, things are working and for now I can live with central switching but wanted to know what I am doing wrong.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card