Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help with 350 WEP / Security Lockdown with no APs needed.

I have been running couple of 350 bridges for about a year now. My firmware is at 11.23T. I am looking for information, hopefully a step by step, to enable the highest level of encryption / security that I can.

I am running these in bridge mode between two buildings. I have no need for any Client AP connectivity whatsoever. I have RADIUS available if needed but would prefer not to rely on outside systems for the bridges to communicate.

Specifically I am confused on the WEP settings, shared, open, Network??? Where do I need the WEP keys?

What about TKIP and MIC?

I have done the obvious like NO SSID, Max Assoc, Non default SSID.

I have read Cisco's info http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/confwep.html regarding the WEP config. But my problem is so much of the info relates to allowing client connectivity.

So again... I am looking for the tightest lockdown and encryption of the 350s with no client AP needed.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Raymond

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Help with 350 WEP / Security Lockdown with no APs needed.

Well I have been working with the 340's and 350 AP's. But with those, you can do mac filtering, which will allow only the mac that you specify in the filter table. Just make sure you read the help files when you do this, because you can lock yourself out of the bridge. If you are looking for some way to secure your point to point, cylink makes a device that will sit behind each of you wireless bridge that runs 3DES and soon AES.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content