cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i download ios form a lightweight AP?

flowaycco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

How can i download LAP'S ios form a lightweight AP or WLC?

My WLC is 7.0,the relevant LAP's version is 124-23c,but there is no 124-23c for download in download page,so when i upgrade ap to LAP,i must download ios use upgrade tool once time,and download form WLC once more.But i need upgrade across WAN link,so i want upgrade ap direct to 124-23c.how can i do this?

thanks very much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS for an LWAP comes in two flavours.

1.  Out-from-a-box, the LWAP will run an IOS with the "rcv" prefix in it's filename.  It's called the recovery or "lite" IOS.

2.  Once the LWAP successfully joins a WLC/WiSM, the WLC/WiSM will "inject" the built-in IOS from the WLC/WiSM to the LWAP.

For short, you can't download the "full" LWAP image of the LWAP because this is built-in inside the WLC/WiSM firmware.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS for an LWAP comes in two flavours.

1.  Out-from-a-box, the LWAP will run an IOS with the "rcv" prefix in it's filename.  It's called the recovery or "lite" IOS.

2.  Once the LWAP successfully joins a WLC/WiSM, the WLC/WiSM will "inject" the built-in IOS from the WLC/WiSM to the LWAP.

For short, you can't download the "full" LWAP image of the LWAP because this is built-in inside the WLC/WiSM firmware.

Get it,thank you very much.

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card