Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

How do I cache the MAC addresses on a 3845 router

Been running WDS on a site with a number of APs for some time,mainly using wireless IP phones. I am using MAC authentication, and on the AP use the "dot11 aaa authentication mac-authen filter-cache timeout 36000" command to stop the APs going to the ACS servers to re-authenticate the phones all the time, hence reducing the load on the ACS servers.

I have recently installed a 3845 on the site and now use the 3845 as the primary WDS box, but I cannot see how I can cache the entries as on the APs so

as to reduce the traffic to the ACS servers.

anybody got any ideas?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: How do I cache the MAC addresses on a 3845 router

Configure External User DatabaseDuring this phase of deployment you must decide whether and how you intend to implement an external database to establish and maintain user authentication accounts. Typically, this decision is made according to your existing network administration mechanisms. For information about the types of databases Cisco Secure ACS supports and instructions for establishing them, see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008007dec4.html#1

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content