Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How do I send output of client debug to server

We are having a problem with a group of tablets that are losing connectivity. I want to "follow" one of those devices around by putting a debug on that specific client and send the debug to a server. That way, when the user gives the times that he disconnected during the day I can look at the debug log. I can't figure out how to send it to the server. Thanks for any help.

• Security and Network Management
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: How do I send output of client debug to server

Hi,

you can't syslog a debug on WLC.

However, your server can telnet/ssh to the controller and save the output to a file. So that when you have the timestamp you can just check the file on server ...

Nicolas.

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you can't syslog a debug on WLC.

However, your server can telnet/ssh to the controller and save the output to a file. So that when you have the timestamp you can just check the file on server ...

Nicolas.

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Thanks. I was making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You know this function would be a real nice to have for troubleshooting efforts. I mentioned this for years ... Having the client debug to a syslog would be very helpful...

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies