Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How do you reinitialize location 2710 database??

I have just upgraded my location appliance and WCS. However, I cannot get the Network Design  elements to re-synchronize. Keep getting message "A similar element was found in the Server. Please synchronize again to remove any disparities.". Controllers do synchronize OK. Tried reboots; deleting Network Design element (which didn't delete it); Deleteing/adding 2710 to WCS.  So decided I want to reinit the 2710 database instead. I dont need the historical stats. The option 'Clear Configuration' implies this will reset Location appliance to factoiry defaults which is not what I want todo. So does anyone know a procedure to just reinit the 2710 database??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do you reinitialize location 2710 database??

1.SSH to your location appliance with the root user.

2.Stop the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd stop

3.Then clear the database by removing the following file: : rm -rf /opt/locserver/db/linux/server-eng.db

4. Start the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd start

And you are done!

2 REPLIES

1.SSH to your location appliance with the root user.

2.Stop the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd stop

3.Then clear the database by removing the following file: : rm -rf /opt/locserver/db/linux/server-eng.db

4. Start the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd start

And you are done!

Yes, that works fine. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies