cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you reinitialize location 2710 database??

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

I have just upgraded my location appliance and WCS. However, I cannot get the Network Design  elements to re-synchronize. Keep getting message "A similar element was found in the Server. Please synchronize again to remove any disparities.". Controllers do synchronize OK. Tried reboots; deleting Network Design element (which didn't delete it); Deleteing/adding 2710 to WCS.  So decided I want to reinit the 2710 database instead. I dont need the historical stats. The option 'Clear Configuration' implies this will reset Location appliance to factoiry defaults which is not what I want todo. So does anyone know a procedure to just reinit the 2710 database??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

1.SSH to your location appliance with the root user.

2.Stop the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd stop

3.Then clear the database by removing the following file: : rm -rf /opt/locserver/db/linux/server-eng.db

4. Start the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd start

And you are done!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

1.SSH to your location appliance with the root user.

2.Stop the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd stop

3.Then clear the database by removing the following file: : rm -rf /opt/locserver/db/linux/server-eng.db

4. Start the location daemons: /etc/init.d/locserverd start

And you are done!

Yes, that works fine. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card