cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how iphone to log-in Management Page

Henry0837
Level 1
Level 1

how can I use iPhone or iPad to log-in to the Cisco RV180 Router's management page like 192.168.1.1, it wokrs if I use wired computer. Thanks. Henry.

8 Replies 8

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

simply connect the iphone to a wireless network on same management vlan and use the browser on. iphone.

note that iphone's browser need not necessarily be supported for gui management.

make sure that management from wireless is enabled on the device if it has such option.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Thanks Amjid, but it shows "cannot open page", "safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server" ? what should I do. Thanks. Henry.

Hi Henry:

You need to know if hte management over wireless enabled on your device. Usually devices with wireless interfaces disables management over wireless by default.

But your "Could not establish a secure connection" sentence points the finger to a certificate issue.

Try clear the cash on your phone.

Searching on the internet I found this is more likely a safari problem, not cisco problem. Try to connect via wireless from any laptop, does it work to open the management page? if yes then your next step is to contact apple about the issue; not Cisco.

You may try clearing the cache on the browser and test.

HTH

Amjad

Hi Amjad,

Yes, you are right, the laptop via wireless can reach the RV180 wired VPN Router management page with no problem, but my question is why I can reach the wireless router Cisco RV110W with no problem but RV180 can't even I used same iPhone or iPad if it is Apple problem? Thank you very much. Henry.

PS. RV180 do not have Management over wireless enable setting.

Hello Henry,

Your questions is a valid one. But unfortunately I don't have the accurate answer.
I would say it is more likely a Safari issue. Why it works fine with this and not with that? I don't exactly konw. It could be a certificate issue...etc. Or maybe a browser related issue.

Have you tried to use any third party browser other than Safari on the ipad/iphone and try? It may or may not work.
But overall, and from the description so far, it is not a cisoc issue. it is a safari issue.

Maybe you can contact apple support or visit apple forum to ask about the issue and how can it be resolved.

Sorry for not being able to help further. :-(

Amjad

Dear Amjad, it does NOT work with Opera either. appriciate your continues support anyway. Henry.

thomas03usmcsf
Level 1
Level 1

You may also try https://192.168.1.1 rather than using just http

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Thomas, https://192.168.1.1 still not work. Thanks for the reply.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card