Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How many donwloaded customized web authentication pages can we have in a controller.

Hello,

I'm trying to set up different web login pages for different WLANs, using the customized option for web authentication pages. As we can see in Security Layer 3 tab, if we select the option overrride global config we can select between several files. But the problem is when we download the web auth bundle to the controller, login.html must obligatory be the name of the web page, so it's not possible to have different customized donwloaded web auth pages in the controller. If I change the name login.html to differenciate from other web authentication pages previously downloaded i get an error when extracting the bundle.

I'm worng or is there any alternitive to get this? What's the sense of override global config for web policy?

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: How many donwloaded customized web authentication pages can

As long as you have one file named login.html you should be okay.  Also you have to keep your total file size below 2mb.  So have one file named login.html and the other login2.html and that should work.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13954#Small_trick_with_override_global_config_

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
6 REPLIES

As long as you have one file named login.html you should be okay.  Also you have to keep your total file size below 2mb.  So have one file named login.html and the other login2.html and that should work.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13954#Small_trick_with_override_global_config_

-Scott

Scott,

While we are on the subject have you ever gotten a 405 HTML issue after accepting the web policy and waiting to get redirected ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

I have in the past with multiple guest anchors in different data centers.  The weird thing is that it was sporadic and it seemed to be an issue with traffic going to an anchor at a one fo the data centers.  They had a Nortel infastructure and were running something like VSS and traffic path was decided on the Nortel.  So traffic could go from the site where the foreing wlc is and then route to one fo the data centers and then back to the other data center where the anchoring took place. 

Other than that, I havent had really any issue with any of my new installs with multiple anchors.

-Scott

Thanks a lot, Scott. It works!

Good news…. How many pages are you actually going to use. I have only tried two… one was username and password and the other was passthrough with email. Just wondering..

Thanks,

Scott F. Fella

Sr. Network Engineer

CDW Corporation

CDW Plaza - 120 S. Riverside

Ninth Floor

Chicago, IL 60606

Cell: 630-935-7333

e-Mail: scott.fella@cdw.com

Reply-To: "cisco-support@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com" >

Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:58:35 -0700

To: Scott Fella >

Subject: - Re: How many donwloaded customized web authentication pages can we have in a controller.

-Scott

Well, I'm testing with the second one. I don't think if we'll need more in a future, but now we know we can use more than one. Both use user and pass authentication to an external radius server.

Views
Helpful
Replies