cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Secure are LEAP/EAP enabled WLAN's ?

antonios
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to ask you the experts the same question that I get asked many times by my customers with regards to how secure is a 802.1X enabled wireless networks.

I constantly get presented with reports by security experts deeming Wireless as not secure.

Do you have any direct answers to this and material to substantiate your answers.

2 Replies 2

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

This page is an index to all of the WLAN security white papers plus various magazine and universtiy articals and the responses from Cisco

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/wireless/wlan_security.shtml/

There is more than a few nights vaulable reading that should help you answer your customers questions.

Like any technolgy if you do not understand how to administer it then it will be insecure but there are many tools to make it secure.

In my opinion network security should not be one layer of security but many layers all adding up to make it very hard and time consuming for hackers. They will look for an easier target.

Thank you for your quick response I will be sure to read through the material and let you know of any further queries.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: