Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to cleanly migrate APs from local mode to flex-connect?

I am working with an existing network where all APs are remote from the WLC at the data center. All APs were configured to run in local mode. I am trying to reconfigure these APs to flex-connect mode and local switching.

Configuring the APs themselves to flex-connect and reconfiguring the switch ports is not an issue.

None of the WLANs are currently configured for flex-connect local switching.

When I configure a WLAN to allow local switching several of the APs cease to service clients.

I am not permitted to change/add a new WLAN so I have to do this in place. This has to be transparent to the users.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES

On the APs that stop

On the APs that stop servicing clients are the flex-connect VLAN mappings correct?  Under the flex-connect AP tab and then the VLAN mappings button.

The AP has been changed to

The AP has been changed to flex-connect mode from local and the native VLAN is set to 10. The switch port is trunked with the native VLAN set to 10. This works fine until I try to change the WLAN to allow local switching.

This example is a small site and all data clients are assigned to VLAN10.

I cannot configure VLANs

I cannot configure VLANs other than the native because the WLAN is not currently configured to allow local switching.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content