cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to import License to WCS

chicagotech
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco WLS Controller 4402. The WCS server crashed and we just installed a new WCS on Windows 2003. When I try to add the controlelr, it says "Unable to add controlelr, no valid license present". We have license file in a folder. How can we install the license file on WCS or can we import it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The license would of been on your WCS that crashed. The only way to retrieve your license is find your PO or Sales Order and open a TAC case to licensing. You will need your WCS hostname also. Unless your other WCS is up, you can export the license and then import them to the new WCS, but the hostname must be the same.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The license would of been on your WCS that crashed. The only way to retrieve your license is find your PO or Sales Order and open a TAC case to licensing. You will need your WCS hostname also. Unless your other WCS is up, you can export the license and then import them to the new WCS, but the hostname must be the same.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Thank you for the reply. I copied teh license file from the old server to the new server. But how do you import it? I don't see any options.

Under the license center in WCS, there is where you can import or add new license files.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

After googling, I fin it by going to the Help>Licensing. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card