cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to manage multiple 1200 AP and WLAN clients

p.agrawal
Level 1
Level 1

We have 8 1200 APs. right now I am loging to each AP for checking association. Is there any way I can have list of all WLAN clients on one screen and see client associations with APs. and mange all APs from single place.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bruce.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

If you select the Map Hyperlink from the link selection bar on the web interface you are presented with a popup that has a "Network Map" link. This link allows you to see all the APs visible to each other in a single screen. Clinking on "show clients" from this screen displays the current associated clients on each AP. This is a rough gauge only, as I believe it is dependent on Inter Access Point Protocol updates.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jimmy.seah
Level 1
Level 1

Setup a syslog server and sent your notification to your syslog.

Also check out the new WLSE, http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/cxsr/1105/ps3915/

but not sure if it's worth it for only 8 APs.

jcshen
Level 1
Level 1

bruce.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

If you select the Map Hyperlink from the link selection bar on the web interface you are presented with a popup that has a "Network Map" link. This link allows you to see all the APs visible to each other in a single screen. Clinking on "show clients" from this screen displays the current associated clients on each AP. This is a rough gauge only, as I believe it is dependent on Inter Access Point Protocol updates.

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

The easiest way is to browse to the Association page, select "entire network" and set this view as the default. This will show all APs and clients at once. This default view does not survive a reboot, for some reason.

Much cheaper than a WLSE, I might add.

gbrown
Level 1
Level 1

Pradeep -

If you still need Cisco AP management please contact Wavelink. We offer a very competitive solution.

Thanks,

Geoff Brown

amitubale
Level 1
Level 1

1 To see all teh clients associated, you could user perl and SNMP to show teh clients. I use the same and dispaly it on a web page.

2. To manage all the AP you could to use perl and SNMP to load firmware, change other values, etc.

If you are familiar with perl, I could send you the SNMP OIDS and perl code.

Would you share the perl code? that would be fab.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card