Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release the excluded clients mac addresses to give access

Hello,

We are useing mac filtering for wlan security.When we are adding the excluded clients mac addresses to the mac-filtering in controller its not joining to network immediatly.It is taking some two days to allow the clients to rejoin to wlan.

Then how to release the excluded client mac addresses to give the immediate access.

Our customer having five controllers in five locations and when the employees moving from one location to another location they will be provide the access with mac binding only. In the mean time they are going to excluding and when they are coming back to their own location not able to connect the wlan.

The alarm for the particular mac in the wcs showing that client is excluded because of failure in reassosiations.

Please help me out

Regards,

Subhash

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

On the WLC, you go to the monitor tab and then find the mac that is excluded and then on the right side there i a blue arrow, you click that and remove the user.  I don't know why it would be taking that long unless maybey the mac filter list is huge.  Not a big fan of that anyways...  Why not just remove the excusion from the WLAN SSID tab.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Silver

I was wrong... your excluded clients can be viewed on the Monitor tab of the WLC.  Scroll down to the Client Summary and click on the Detail link next to Excluded Clients.  There you can remove them from exclusion.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content