Views
Helpful
Replies

How to stop Windows sharing on Cisco wireless network

networker.br
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am engaged in a WLAN project that use a Cisco ACS integrated with NT Domain for authentication and the Access Points used are Cisco 1200 series. All was going well until a user to start to share the WLAN as a repeater using a Windows XP and with this, some users not authorized, may access to the network by unsecurity mode receiving IP Address from the DHCP service. Somebody knows here of this? Somebody knows here how to stop this for to improve the security.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you doing any type of authentication with current WLAN users? SO you mean someone is setting up their computer using Internet Connection Sharing? So they must be wired into the network and sharing their wireless correct?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We will try to restrict equipments by MAC.

matthiasgoodman
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand you correctly, there is a user on your network that is using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) in Windows XP to give unauthorized users access to the network. I would imagine that you could use some other tool to block NATed traffic internally.

You can configure port security on the switch to allow only one mac address.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: